Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Elvis and Me

Elvis Presley is not only my favorite singer, but he's a part of me. You can take it or leave it, but he is deeply rooted in my soul. I am passionate about his music, his story and keeping his memory alive. It's not a phase, it's not an act I'm putting on, it's the real me. I realize that some people will never apperciate it, and certainly that many people will never understand it. I'm not asking anyone to be as crazy as I am about Elvis but I am asking them to accept that about me. I love him. He's a part of me. It's hurtful to me when someone mocks it or puts it down like it's a bad thing. A comment was made to me today about an assingnment we were given to bring in a peice of music from the 20th century I said "well I know what I'm choosing!" someone then said "if you bring in Elvis we're no longer friends." I know the person didn't really mean that, and that they probably didn't mean to be hurtful, but it still hit me kinda hard. I suppose maybe people get tired of my constant praise and admiration for Elvis, but as I said before it's a part of me, I can't help it and I'm not going to change who I am. I just had to put this out here, get it off my chest. I LOVE YOU ELVIS!!!

1 comment:

  1. I would also like to point out that when I viewed this, my playlist which is on random shuffle played "Viva Las Vegas". That was Elvis.

    ReplyDelete