Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Road So Far 2.0: One Year Later

Sooo I haven't blogged in FOREVER. And a whole bunch of crap has happened in my personal life. But it looks like things are looking up. ;) And I AM living in Las Vegas officially again! AND VegasCon is exactly one month from today!!! I can't believe it has been a year already, and I can't believe how close it is. I feel like I've accomplished a lot in this year and overall I am in a better place this year mentally and emotionally than I was last year. And once again I have Supernatural and my SPN Family to thank for that. 

I didn't truly know the meaning of SPN Family until VegasCon last year and after that experience my outlook on life changed. It gave me courage and strength and hope to carry on. I now have friends I know in real life that I met through the Supernatural fandom. I am more invested and dedicated to Supernatural than I ever have been since I started watching but at the same I have accomplished so much in my own personal growth as a person and I know none of it would have happened without Supernatural. I am so grateful for this show, this story, these characters and this fandom every day. I truly believe I wouldn't be where I am and wouldn't be WHO I am and possibly wouldn't be here today without Supernatural. 

I may not be exactly where I thought I would be by now, or have reached my ultimate goal but if Sam and Dean have taught me anything it's this: life is a journey, not a destination. It's the road so far. And I can't wait to celebrate just how far I've come over the past year and look forward to the road ahead. I can't wait to see my SPN Family including the cast. I can't wait it see Jared, my sunshine. To tell him I love him and thank him for all he's done for me. I can't wait for four days of wonderful and amazing. I want to soak it all in. To savor every single second. To take away more amazing memories. I just can't wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment