Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Road So Far: One Week Out

This time next week I’ll be on a plane to Las Vegas. For two very important reasons. One is an important event, something I’ve been planning for almost a year but didn’t even know I wanted a year ago. A TV show, a cast, and a fandom entered my life and helped me through a very  hard time, and honestly kept me going.

Now I realize I have my whole life ahead of me and am ready for the next chapter, which is the other reason. For me to get back to my city, to start making plans for my life in Vegas. I’ve realized it’s what I want more than anything and now I’m ready for it.

I feel so lucky to be able to conclude my first year in this fandom with such an amazing experience, to be able to see these actors in person and thank them for all they’ve done for me. And for all of it to happen in the city I want to make my home.

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and Supernatural was supposed to enter my life at this time in my life and I was supposed to go to VegasCon. I feel like this is finally the time for things to work out for me. The road hasn’t been easy, but the easiest past is rarely the most enjoyable. And I plan on enjoying next weekend to the fullest, and everything else life has to bring me from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment