Sunday, November 6, 2011

UPDATE!!!

so it's been about 6 months since I last posted. & a lotttt of stuff has happened in those six months.


I finished out the year at UNLV and came home for the summer. I was in a production of Hairspray as well as an Elvis tribute show & had a blast doing both of them, I realized that was where my heart was when it came to performing, and that at UNLV I wasn't being noticed, I wasn't being appreciated and most importantly I wasn't being myself.


so I made the decision not to return to UNLV in August, I didn't see the point in wasting 4 years of my life and thousands of dollars on something my heart was not in.


it was a very tough decision because I knew how much I would miss Las Vegas, I also felt like I was blowing the chance of a lifetime considering how much of a longshot it was for me to get there in the first place. but I also knew God had a plan for me and I felt like he was telling me to step away from it for a while to figure out what I wanted and NEEDED to do. I knew I would never give up dancing, but getting a job in a Las Vegas show is easier said then done.


I decided I needed a back-up plan, so I thought about what I would do if I had to do something else. the only other field I've ever been interested in is hair & make-up. I also KNEW I wanted to go back to Vegas, it's my city.


so now I'm in the process of applying to cosmetology schools in LV, hoping to be back there after the new year. there's a lot I'll have to figure out & get together before that happens. but I'm very excited about the possibility. so begins my journey back to Bright Light City!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment